Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's not make-up you see there...

I know it's been a while since I've last updated everybody on my mundane life.  Since my last writings, I've lost my job.  I've been on the job search and it's like a full time job - every day stalking all the job sites.  But it's not easy.  My career path has been specialized and formatted for one type of job.  Aside from that, I'm over qualified for most of the jobs AND... the payscale, for the jobs I'm qualified for, are at the same pay rate they were about 15 years ago - major pay drop.  No worries.  I'll find a job when I'm supposed to and I have a very supportive family.

But... that wasn't what I was going to write about.  It is more of an FML that occurred today.  And I'm sure most women would sympathize with.       I had taken my shower and was talking to my mom (who I stay with when I visit my children).  She looks at me and states "you should get a little lotion and some tissue and clean the make-up under your eyes."  So, I walk to the rest room and squirt  a little of the Jergens onto the back of my hand.  I look into the bathroom mirror.  What do I see?  CIRCLES UNDER MY EYES!!!  Not the kind made up of make-up, but of poor sleep.  I had a migraine yesterday, managed to push it aside to hang out with my kids, and it came back with a vengeance during the night.  No amount of lotion and tissues will remove the circles.

Oh well.  I I guess it was a good thing I wasn't planning on seeing anybody worthy of my placing make-up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment