Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Exercise Is Still Not My Friend

Exercise is still the enemy, but I’m much friendlier with it now.  No… I’m still not losing weight, but I’m not fighting it now.  I’ve also been giving a half-ass attempt at exercise.  Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t outright ignored exercise all together, but I can honestly state that until last week, I wasn’t giving it my end-all either.  Now I am.  I don’t think I’ve hit rock bottom yet, but I have personal reasons for pursuing the weight loss.  No… I’m not going to die and no, my man isn’t going to break-up with me either.  But my reason is priceless.  I have a long term goal of 60 – 70 lbs in one year.  My immediate goal is 5-10 lbs in one month. 
I weigh myself every morning, but I’m aware that my weight is going to fluctuate.  So, I’m more focused on how my clothes fit me – or more importantly, how my ring fits my finger.  Right now it’s shoved on and I need a little water to take it off. 
I’ve pulled out all the stops too!  I don’t have any junk food in the house.  I’ve actually been exercising everyday by either, walking on the treadmill, doing Zumba in my house, exercising with my WII or just dancing like a fool while watching TV.   I’ve also been to the doctor to complain about the breathing issues I have while exercising and during the night or even when I laugh… yes laugh!  It appears that I have Broncho Spasms.  Finally a name for it!  It is very similar to Asthma.  So, I’ve been given some allergy medicine to take every morning and an inhaler to use right before I exercise and OH. MY. GOSH.  Now I get tired from exercise and not from the lack of air I get into my lungs.  The first day I exercised for 30 minutes straight was like the first day I ever felt truly happy.  It was very foreign, but wonderful at the same time.  Imagine the possibilities now.  Actual chance to lose weight with exercise. 
On another note, I’m aware that I haven’t been checking in over here as frequently as I should.  See I discovered Pinterest and realize that it really does help me describe who I am in a very visual way.   It’s like my friend Candice stated, once you get invited into it, you become addicted. 
I’m also very much like that dog in the Disney Pixar movie  UP.  All you have to do is say squirrel and I instantly become distracted.  I’ve been told that I do not have ADD, but my actions say otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment