Sunday, February 17, 2013

Nope, It's not contagious

So... I've been sick this week....  Tuesday, I felt like I had the weight of the world on my chest... I stayed home that day, but it was because I thought my depression was in full attack.  And I had the most wonderful sleep of all time - considering I was awake that day maybe a total of 5 hours.

So come Wednesday, I went to work completely rested, but couldn't stop sneezing, coughing, sniffling. I then though "Wow, maybe I was sick yesterday".  Then comes Thursday...

Thursday, I have a dry cough, my chest feels like an elephant is sitting on it. Every time I cough, I feel like my ribs are going to break and I can't take complete breaths.  What to you mean by that, you may be asking??? Well, I couldn't talk without having to take many controlled pauses for catching my breath.  And every time I try to take a real breath I have to cough because I just can't do it.So I decide to go Urgent Care (because the non permanent employees don't have insurance). So I'm getting my check-up and am worried that I have bronchitis or pneumonia...

Nope, I was having an asthma attack... An all day Asthma Attack!  Oh my gosh!  How awful is that!  Thank goodness I have the smarts to realize that to panic and get excited about not being able to breathe would only make it worse.  So a shot of steroids and a 10 minutes nebulizer session later, I'm able to breathe again.  It has never felt soooo good to breathy - EVER!

Now, everything is loosening up,  I'm getting to use my albuterol and I'm just pooped, but at least I'm not contagious.

p.s. I inquired why the sniffing, sneezing and coughing.... apparently I also have allergies... 45 yrs old and didn't know I have allergies.  Oy Vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment